cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network for 250+ CCTV camera in single campus

jeejanjoseph
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to have expansion of CCTV system from 64 cameras to 250+ cameras.

Earlier setup was traditional way i.e. Cameras directly connecting to Digital Video Recorder.

Now we are planning to have all the 250+ cameras on the Network.

Scheme is that a bunch of 4 or 8 cameras will terminated to video encoder and which will be on LAN.

All this Cameras will get equally divided between 12 Xeon based servers and get recoded.

Activity

1. There will be 10 live viewing stations, where simultaneously 9 cameras will viewed on auto switching basis.

2. Recorded images will viewed on requirement basis, not much.

Planning

1. We are planning to have separate Network for Camera system as there will lot of data movement and don’t want to disturb our main network.

2. We are looking switch options which will be better to this big Video data.

3. This Network will be purely for Video.

If any body has got any suggestion please suggest.

6 Replies 6

mathiasalvaro
Level 1
Level 1

check ENDURA system by Pelco that works for your application ,also you need a lot of speed on your network ,if you have VPN is ok to have video over your network

Alvaro

HDTV@look.ca

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

My company has implemented security camera solutions many times. I would be glad to help out. There is a lot more info that I need than I want to go over in a post. If you want to contact me off-line please feel free to do so at tdennis@sebringtech.com

Thanks,

Travis

jeejanjoseph
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for Switch information that are specifically designed to handle video packets in a large IP based CCTV setup.

EUDORA by PELCO is your solution endless system let me know

Alvaro

Hi there,

What is your budget for this project. We are currently providing video conference solutions for global enterprises, however we have cheaper solution for med. size companies.

Please provide your email address, so I can get in touch with you.

Thanks.

SakalaPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I work as a CCTV tech. support and am familiar with the following:

>> Optelecom-NKF - who have now a new C-series mpeg2/4 available. Youll get much functionalities with those, including PTZ and other industrial RS422/485 data transmission. what is really nice about those, is sampled channel transmission, which means, that not necesarrily do the data interfaces need to emulate the UART mode of operation. Also, they have a nice management platform of their own, which can be integrated into SNMP management - We use it in conjunction with SNMPc from CastleRock computing company. Also, nice viewers with recording and snapshot function are available. The units operate either in Unicast or multicast.

The second company I could recommend is VisioWave, now part of GE SECURITY. The system is cost effective when 100plus cameras are to be deployed. Central web configurator is available. You can desing your own SW with the SDK they provide. The system is perfectly modular, and well scalable. Also a storage platform is available. I like working with that one. It uses WAVELET compression - less artefacts are present at high compression ratios, than compared to the mpeg based systems. I can be of further assistance if more in depth questions arise, as i have now spent quita a great deal of time with both of the aforementioned.

BR.

Peter