cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'No camera connected' error when we use third party camera

sue.murley1
Level 1
Level 1

I have some installations where I use third party camera's, like in our World Headquarters Auditorium.  When I install the Room Kit Plus/Pro system and don't use the camera bar, I receive a message on the screen 'No Camera Connected'.  I've been able to trick the codec by taking an old P60 and plugging it into the codec and just having it sit there, but in some new installs, I can't do that.

I don't have the extra hardware to use.  Is there a way to get rid of the error message?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Essentially when you connect the endpoint to the webex cloud it resets the configuration of the device back to factory.  You will need to go via your Webex Control Center and create a login account for your endpoint with integrator or admin rights which you would then be able to use to log on to the endpoint to re-tweak the camera settings.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Try to set this config to 0:

xConfiguration Peripherals Profile Cameras: <0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Minimum1, NotSet>

When you set it to 0 it should not display the "No cameras connected messsage".

/Magnus

Thank you for the suggestion. I will apply this command to the codec and see if this works.

thanks it works,

but when we register the Codec Plus to Webex Teams 

it re appear back to " No Camera Connected"

and try to login through putty to change back its prompting wrong password, 

how we can determined the device password

Essentially when you connect the endpoint to the webex cloud it resets the configuration of the device back to factory.  You will need to go via your Webex Control Center and create a login account for your endpoint with integrator or admin rights which you would then be able to use to log on to the endpoint to re-tweak the camera settings.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank YOU!  yes, I worked through this with Cisco TAC and we had to change the camera setting in the configuration, as it had been reset.  

A.G.
Level 1
Level 1

In the web interface under User Interface change the Mode settings under OSD to Unobstructed.