cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering Cisco VCS - licensing confusion

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

An announcement was made recently that Cisco had split the two VCS out again into their own part codes;

CTI-VCS-CONTRL-K9

and

CTI-VCS-EXPRESS-K9

On the Cisco datasheet and website here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-626491.html

It clearly states the following;

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Control

CTI-VCS-CONTRL-K9

Comes with: Video Communication Server, 100 traversal calls, 10 non-traversal calls, Gateway feature, Device Provisioning feature, cables

and

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Expressway

CTI-VCS-EXPRESS-K9

Includes: Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server, Expressway feature, 5 traversal calls, Gateway feature, 1800 TURN Relay option Device Provisioning feature, cables

However when trying quote and order this part code, you add the part code, but it wont allow you to continue unless you specify an "additional licenses". For example, I am trying to specify a VCS Expressway for a customer who only wants 5 traversal licenses, so all I should need according to the recent announcements and datasheet is a CTI-VCS-EXPRESS-K9 - however Cisco CCW wont allow me to proceed without ordering an additional 5 traversal licenses.

Can any one help me on this, I tried raising a ticket on the ordering help tool, but didnt get any sensible answer, only to speak to our AM!

Thanks

David

2 Replies 2

Rohan.Chaffey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave

I know it doesn't address the actualy issue, but if you just want a plain VCS X with 5 traversals there's a fixed config using the SKU:

Just doouble check you can get encrypion on it though. Doesn't seem to state either way.

Regards

Rohan

Nico Teunissen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When creating a config in CCW using the new VCS Control SKU the top level sku does not yet contain the 10 non traversal calls. This makes in possible to select a different amount of non traversal calls. If you forget to add them in CCW it will warn you to add at least 10 non traversal calls.

The new VCS Expressway SKU acts the same way with the traversal calls. You will have to add at least 5 traversal calls to the top level SKU.

This was done to prevent the ordering of VCS solutions without no licences at all. By creating a different SKU for the Control and Expressway CCW can now check if the minimum licensing is correct.

Regards,

Nico

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App