Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom HDX - 422 Session Interval Too Small

Darren Goulden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Polycom HDX (running Release - 2.5.0.6-3955) registered to a VCS (running x8.1.1), when trying to make a SIP call from the HDX I'm getting '422 Session Interval Too Small' errors in the call history.

Is this a known issue?

Any help appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HDX software version 2.5 is quite old.  Most of our HDX devices are running 3.1.4.

There were a whole bunch of SIP fixes in the 3.x software release.  I'd suggest you look at upgrading your HDXes to the more recent software versions.

Note 3.1.4 also includes the fixes for the recent OpenSSL security vulnerabilities including Heartbleed.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, I have checked the HDX release notes from 2.5 to the latest but it doesn't detail this issue specifically.

Hi

i have had a thought here, as the issue is with the timing values on the VCS which can be changed, what would be best values be for

session refresh interval

minimum session refresh interval

in order to support the polycom expected timings?

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

While that error message may not specifically be mentioned, there are a whole heap of fixes in the newer versions.

As above, I can confirm that the HDXes work well with version 3.1.4.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: