cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom VC endpoints unable to share the screen on connecting with Cisco TP server bridge

Jareeshali K C
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have a client using polycom HDX7000 and VSX6000, now we are trying to connect these devices with Cisco Telepresence Server Conference bridge.

The calls are getting connected successfully with both audio and video. But content sharing is not happening, 

In the same conference SX20 is able to share the content and all the parties(HDX7000, VSX6000 and DX650) were able to see the content.

Polycom devices are dialing the bridge in the uri format : number@<exp-c ip>  

Call flow is :

Polycom dials number@<exp-c ip> -----> transformed into number@domain and send to CUCM -----> TP Conductor -----> TP server.

CUCM:  v11.0

Exp-C: X8.6.1

TP Conductor: XC4.0

TP Server: 4.2(4.18)

Kindly help !

Jareesh Ali

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Polycom endpoints should be able to dial alias@domain without issue, why do you have then dialing alias@IP_address?

Patrick, Thanks for your reply!

All the Polycom endpoints are inside the enterprise network. If I dial alias@domain, I am not sure what internal srv record is to be created or how the flow of call will be. It will be great if you can assist me here on this.

And any way my calls are getting established successfully, but content sharing not happening and I don't think dialing method is causing the problem here.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Note: HDX is connecting as h323 call where as VSX is connecting as SIP only. If I disable SIP in VSX calls are not even hitting on Exp-C.

- Jareesh Ali

To allow dialing via domain, your internal SRV records should point to your Expressway-C IP address, see Appendix 2 of the Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.6).

Regarding the content sharing, do other endpoints, Cisco and/or Polycom, that connect via the Expressway-C/E have this issue? Is "Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP" enabled on the Expressway-C SIP Trunk within CUCM, refer to the Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10 and X8.6).