cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom VSX 3000/7000/8000 instant resetting after calling a virtual room MCU/TPS

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some Polycom VSX 3000/7000/8000 codecs instant resetting after trying to join a virtual room hosted in a Codian MCU or Cisco TPS. It's a deployment with Conductor, tMS and VCS. Before giving logs and more technical info, have someone experiencied the same?

Best regards,

David.

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What SW rev on those VSX's? The last release was 9.0.6.2 over five years ago, make sure you are running that version. Note no VSX's are supported by Polycom anymore, the last ones dropped in April 2016. I did some searches, I do not see any indication of a bug that would cause that problem with the VSX. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As well as checking that your devices are using their most recent software versions as suggested by patrmcca, make sure that your Polycom devices are not enabled for "Basic Mode" under Call Preferences on their Admin page - this will stop them from working correctly.  If Basic Mode is ticked, remove the tick, update and reboot.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you both for the quick response.

Codecs are updated to the last release: Release 9.0.6.2-103  and Basic Mode is disabled. Point-to-point videocalls are working fine and, that's a bit strange, if a call from the virtual room those codecs, they can answer and join the meeting without resetting or any other issue.

I have a hunch that is not a codec problem but a network one but I would like to have some feedback from the community  first because I don't have access to all the network elements.

I have connected one polycom directly to the physical router's port and it's the same: whenever a try to join a virtual room, the codec restarts immediately.

Best regards,

David.