Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision HD Microphone on Win XP vs Win7

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

We´ve being testing the Precision HD cameras on both Win7 and Win XP SP3 desktops, using Jabber Video. Video is OK on both, Audio looked ok using the integrated microphone as well, with one interesting difference.

For some reason, it looks like the microphone Gain is higher on XP than Win7 OS: we can hear the XP users way louder than the Win7´s, using same microphone and speakers levels on both sides. We tested the same camera on 2 different Win7 and WinXP PCs, the result being the same. No particular audio software/driver was installed on either of them.

Has anyone experienced such a difference with the microphone Gain, depending on the client OS?

I guess this has somewhat to do with the driver used on each OS, but we are curious to learn whether this has been noted before. Comments are welcome.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

The sound muxer is working differently on XP in consideration to in windows vista/7.

So unfortunately there is no way to address this issue.

In short terms, my understanding in Windows XP there is a hardware muxer/gain. Whereas in Windows 7/  VISTA there is a software muxer/gain.

So in XP the sound is "as it is out of the box" whilst the sound in Windows7 is software user controllable

//Marius

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

The sound muxer is working differently on XP in consideration to in windows vista/7.

So unfortunately there is no way to address this issue.

In short terms, my understanding in Windows XP there is a hardware muxer/gain. Whereas in Windows 7/  VISTA there is a software muxer/gain.

So in XP the sound is "as it is out of the box" whilst the sound in Windows7 is software user controllable

//Marius

Thanks Marius, I appreciate the quick answer!

Javier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: