Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation source preset C60

oreillyaaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a two camera and one presentation PC setup at our hospital, sometimes we have presentors that need to use their own laptops as video inputs. I would like to use both DVI inputs as presentation sources but can not find an obvious solution to this.

I can change the default presentation source and the source 2 input from camera to DVI-I 2 in advanced config but having to enter administrator settings and restart the system is not very user friendly for most staff here!

I need a quick way to change the default presentation source, both PC inputs do not need to be live at the same time. I understand that I may only have three video inputs live at one time but if it were possible I would like to add DVI-I 2 as the 4th source and use a softbutton to display this source?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

1 Reply 1

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Friend,

You can change the "default presentation source" without going to advanced configuration. But you cannot change the type of input to be used in source 2 (DVI or HDMI) without going to advanced configuration. That is impossible!

Also, you cannot have four sources in codec, only three sources:

Source 1 - HDMI

Source 2 - DVI or HDMI (you select what you want to use in advanced configuration, you may have both pluged, but not both working simultaneously)

Source 3 - DVI

Source 1 is always Main Camera. Source 2 and 3 may be another camera, PC, DVD or everything else.

I suggest you to do this:

1 - Do you have two cameras, right? If yes, don't plug the secondary camera directly in codec, plug it in the main camera by using a daisy chain cable. By doing that, you will have source 2 and 3 available.

2 - Configure source 2 input to be a DVI interface, then you plug a DVI to VGA cable in the codec and use that cable to share presentation of users which use laptops.

3 - Plug the DVI to VGA cable (which you're using now) to source 3 and connect it to PC

By doing that, the user during the conference will be able to change the presentation source (source 2 or 3) without going to advanced menu configuration.

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".