Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Between Room Kit Plus and AV Device

Ihsanariis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Has anyone ever doing an integration between room kit plus and extron?

I have problem with my meeting room with AV system. some time my touch 10 can't control AV processor device in my case i used extron as an AV processor with costume in room control. for example when i want to change input source in touch 10 widget to source 2 the extron can't response that. but the problem solved when i tried to restart the extron processor, but the problem will arise again and when i tried to restart the extron processor it will back to normal again.

have some one have same problem like me? or any one can help me to solved my problem?

and there is one more problem, why is the historical log in my room kit not updated as shown below.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is your Extron connected to your Room Kit?  Serial?  SSH?  Telnet?

Is the connection timing out (or requiring a login), and then failing to work after it times (or logs) out?  And that would explain why a reboot will fix it, as it will reconnect.

For your log question - the log archive will switch to a new on on a reboot, so if you haven't rebooted the device, it won't switch to a new set of logs.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your quick answer. it looks like the connection between the room kit with extron uses SSH. to do setting the session time out it's from the room kit side or extron side?

And for the log, I have already tried to restart or shutdown the room kit but the historical log still unupdated.

You'll likely need to do some debugging on your Extron side to see what it is seeing, and why it then no longer communicates after some period of time (ie, is it being presented with a login prompt, then not logging in, or is the SSH connection dropping completely and not reconnecting?).  There's not much that can be set on the Room Kit Plus end.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.