Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems upgrading EX90 to TE6.0.0

MegaFon UC Team
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am trying to upgrade EX90 from TC5.1.5 to TE6.0.0 but this ends setback.

I've downloaded "cmterm-ex-te6_0_0.cop.sgn" from cisco, uploaded it through the web interface, but get "Corrupt software-package uploaded". Renaming file to "s52100tc6_0_0.pkg" does not change anything. Tryed to upload file with WinSCP into /upgrade directory with renaming it to "pkg" and "upgrade-pkg" - there is no effect, file disappears with time.

Thanks for any suggestion!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The file size is correct.

However cop.sgn file is for CUCM and software upgrade handle from CUCM.

WebGUI upgrade (and alternative upgrade method by using WinSCP) must use PKG file not COP file.

This is reason you see “Corrupt software-package uploaded” error message when you tried to upgrade your EX90 from WebGUI.

View solution in original post

> PS I succesfully uploaded cmterm-ex-te6_0_0.cop.sgn to CUCM (9.0.1).

> What should I do now for upgrade EX90 from CUCM?

> It`s now registered on  CUCM and can send/recieve calls

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25083 should be good reference for device upgrade by using COP file.

If you add EX90 on CUCM, you must activate Web & SSH service from phone configuration on CUCM.

Also if EX90 already running with cop file, you won’t able to upgrade/downgrade from EX90 WebGUI.

You should try downgrade by uploading pkg file directly on EX90 by using SSH (after activate SSH feature from CUCM phone configuration).

13 Replies 13

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is file size of cmterm-ex-te6_0_0.cop.sgn file you download?

If you re-download same file from cisco.com, are you still experience same issue?

Hello,Tomonori!

File size is 188 484 598(188 485 632)

I re-downloaded the file from cisco.com,and its size is the same. Can you please check, if this file correct?

The file size is correct.

However cop.sgn file is for CUCM and software upgrade handle from CUCM.

WebGUI upgrade (and alternative upgrade method by using WinSCP) must use PKG file not COP file.

This is reason you see “Corrupt software-package uploaded” error message when you tried to upgrade your EX90 from WebGUI.

Where can I get the PKG file with TE6.0.0 software for EX90?

PS I succesfully uploaded cmterm-ex-te6_0_0.cop.sgn to CUCM (9.0.1). What should I do now for upgrade EX90 from CUCM? It`s now registered on CUCM and can send/recieve calls

PKG version of TE6 is not publically released.

TE6 for EX90 only support with CUCM.

TC6 will support on EX90 with PKG format.

> PS I succesfully uploaded cmterm-ex-te6_0_0.cop.sgn to CUCM (9.0.1).

> What should I do now for upgrade EX90 from CUCM?

> It`s now registered on  CUCM and can send/recieve calls

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25083 should be good reference for device upgrade by using COP file.

Thank you, Tomonori! I just successfully upgraded EX90 with CUCM to TE6.0.0, it works fine!

Great!! Thanks for sharing your result which will help other as solution reference.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sergey!

Great to see that the issue is already fixed, maybe for more info or just for others with the same

question this document I just found can become quite handy:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/te6/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_te6_on_cucm9.pdf.pdf

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello, Martin!

Suggest me please - now I trying to downgrade EX90 back to TC5.1.5 to use with VCS Control, but experiencing following problem: HTTP,HTTPS, telnet and SSH services were deactivated on it when it was upgraded to TE6. Now the only way to downgrade it is CUCM, but when i trying to install tc5.1.5 or tc5.1.4 with CUCM, EX90 touch panel shows, that it starting upgrade procedure, and then shows an error upgrading.

How can I fix it?

If you add EX90 on CUCM, you must activate Web & SSH service from phone configuration on CUCM.

Also if EX90 already running with cop file, you won’t able to upgrade/downgrade from EX90 WebGUI.

You should try downgrade by uploading pkg file directly on EX90 by using SSH (after activate SSH feature from CUCM phone configuration).

Hi, Tomonori!

Thanks for suggest!

PS now upgrade works fine - I just forgot to restart tftp service after installing new .cop file to CUCM.

PPS It is very uncomfortable updating software with CUCM

Hi Sergey,

An alternate solution to solve that issue would have been to perform a factory reset of the unit.

Have a look at the link for a community video showing how to do this https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/4440

//Marius