Views
Helpful
Replies

Question regarding licensing of SX/MX/DX endpoints with the new CMS 1000

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi everyone,

From what I can tell there is no longer a need for screen licenses, rather PMP or SMP licenses. I just wanted to verify something regarding this endpoint licensing:

If I have a room-endpoint (SX/MX), I need to buy a SMP license. If I want to use a DX/8800/other desk videophone, I need to purchase a PMP license. This will allow the use of these endpoints for 1-on-1 calls, and for multiparty calls.

Is this correct? Is the licensing for multiparty and 1-to-1 now merged as part of the Cisco Meeting Server licensing plan?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PMP+/SMP+ only applies to conferencing servers such as the Cisco Meeting Server or TelePresence Server.

Endpoints require a license to register to CUCM, such as Enhanced or Enhanced Plus for personal systems or TelePresence Room License for immersive or multipurpose room systems.

Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x Licensing At a Glance

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PMP is used for endpoints that are registered to a person, where as SMP can be used by anyone, not any one particular person.  Both licensing models allow for a conference to have unrestricted number of participants up to the available hardware capacity, currently 96 HD calls for the CMS 1000.  To see the difference between PMP and SMP, take a look a the Multiparty Licensing At-a-Glance.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Are these multiparty licenses also used for registration to CUCM, much like Enhanced UCL is used for deskphones, or do I need a separate license for the registration of video endpoints to CUCM?

PMP+/SMP+ only applies to conferencing servers such as the Cisco Meeting Server or TelePresence Server.

Endpoints require a license to register to CUCM, such as Enhanced or Enhanced Plus for personal systems or TelePresence Room License for immersive or multipurpose room systems.

Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x Licensing At a Glance

That's the information I needed, thanks Patrick!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: