Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on VCS Licensing

Is licensing in VCS envitonment similar to that of CUCM environments e.g to register a Jabber for Windows client in CUCM I need the enhanced license (BE6K-UCL-ENH) and to register a telepresence system I need the TProom license (BE6K-UCL-TP-RM).

I am failing to understand the VCS licensing as I don't see licensing for specific classes of equipment. What does the following stand for?

LIC-VCS-10          Video Comm Server 10 Add Non-traversal Network Calls

Does it mean you can register 10 devices? If not, then what is it for and which licenses do we need to register teleprsence systems as well as Jabber Video clients?

Lost

Please help

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

LIC-VCS-10 is for 10 non-traversal calls - calls where the VCS doesn't traverse the media - there are also licenses for where the VCS does take the media.

For VCSc or VCSe you can put 2500 Registrations on each peer. Starter Pack VCS is limited to 50 Registrations - these all come as standard. With VCS it is the concurrent calls and some features which are licensed rather than registrations.

There is a slight wrinkle in this, in that if you want to register devices which will have their configuration provisioned to them - e.g. Jabber for Telepresence, you'll want the Cisco TMS Provisioning Extension option key on TMS for the number of active devices you need to provision, along with the device provisioning key on VCS. Though this is for configuration provisioning rather than registration, which can be achieved without this.

Thanks,

Guy

Thank you Badman.

I have picked that I can register TP endpoints and Jabber Video clients on VCSc without licensing and they will work fine. However, if I'm to use provisioning then I would have to include a TMS in the mix and have TMSPE option key for the number of devices to be provisioned.

So if I have 5 C-series (SX20) endpoints and 100 Jabber for Telepresence clients, I would need the following on TMS:

LIC-TMS-10-INCL          Cisco TMS - included 10 System License

LIC-MOVI-100               TMSPE - Add 100 Active Jabber Video Client Registrations

and also need the following on VCSc

LIC-VCS-DEVPROV     Enable Device Provisioning, Free, VCS Control ONLY

Tell me if I am right.

Waiting anxiously

Yes, that would be correct.

Thanks,

Guy

One more thing.

I want my users to be able to schedule meetings via MS Outlook. I am not sure whether this feature is available in TMS by default or not. However, I have found something and I just need you to confirm.

LIC-TMS-MSEX-25          Cisco TMSXE - Extension for MS Exchange - Per 25 sys reg.

Is this the license that we need to make it happen? If so, I don't understand why they included "Per 25 sys reg."

Does this mean we need this license for every 25 Jabber Video users and telepresence systems?

Please help clarify this

the number 25 is the number of systems that you can book in TMS, if you need to be able to book more systems just add one more license pack.