Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-using decommed TX9000

amccormac1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Quick question. We are upgrading our TX9000 to the IX5000. I hate the idea that the TX will just be scrapped so wanted to check if anyone knew if the screens or codecs could be re-used elsewhere.

We are involved with a local school where we donate older hardware (laptops, screens, printers etc). It would be great if we could give the 70" screens to the school for them to use however they wish but I don't know if the screens can be used as standard TV/Monitor. 

The only other option is to try re-sell it to another company but that's probably unlikely due to the TX being end of life and I much prefer the donation route.

Anyone got any input on this?

Thanks,

Alan

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess you could separate out the three 65" displays, but then you would need to create some sort of surround / mount for them if you wanted to use them individually.  They do however just connect with an HDMI cable which will make it easier to use as a standard display panel (although it won't do audio, so you will also need to handle that separately if you need it).  So while it sounds like a good idea, this probably isn't worth the extra expense to do so as you could inevitably end up spending as much as a new screen costs.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.