Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing SX Series with WebEx?

thombson1
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Thank you a head of time for all of your help.

I need some insight into these questions:

1. Did I understand correctly that sx sereis is coming to "end of life"?

2. If so, what is replacing it?

3. Is WebEx compatible wth SX?

4. Does WebEx need any special hardware or can it be used as a stand alone video conferencing solution?

Thank you,

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. No, there has not been any End of Sale announcement for the SX series, let aloine any End of Life/Support, which would be around 5 years from the End of Sale.
2. The new RoomKit series of endpoints could be considered as replacements for the SX10/SX20 - there is nothing out yet that would be a similar replacement device for an SX80.

3. Yes - if you WebEx is in the Cloud and not on-prem.

4. Other than the device to run the softwar on, with a suitable a camera and microphone, WebEx doesn't really require any other hardware.  Cisco Spark would also be similar and worth considering.  You can also register your SX20 endpoints to Cisco Spark.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Wayne's comments, regarding #4, I assume you're refering to video conference integration with WebEx Meeting Center, in which case, take a look a the Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Video Conferencing Enterprise Deployment Guide (WBS31).

Currently only Meeting Center supports video conference integration, Event and Training Centers do not.