Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing a Desktop on a Video Conference using SX20

permalldnit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have SX20 conference units in each of our 3 main offices. We have just started to use Desktop sharing over internal Video conferences and this works well when using a Windows PC. However, when we do this with a MAC Book the desktop when shared comes up as just a big black box. I have played around with the resolution but it makes no difference.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Glenn

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
MACs are known for this issue, it's because they output HDCP protected content and video conference endpoints (with the exception of the Spark Room 55) will display a black screen as they can't display HDCP content.
Workaround is to put something in the video path that removes HDCP.

Patrick thanks for the reply.

I just want to check one thing. This only happens with screen share on Video Conferences. If I just want to display the MAC on the screen for a presentation that does work. Would HDCP still be the reason for this?

The cable coming from the unit is HDMI and I am using an adapter to convert it from HDMI to Thunderbolt / Mini Display Port on the Mac.

Cheers in advance.

If it were an HDCP issue, you would get a black screen all the time, regardless of being in or out of a video conference. Are you sending presentation through the SX20 to the display when outside of a call, or are you going directly to the display? What happens if you try using a Windows PC?

Patrick,

We are using the SX20 for the presentation aswell.

Windows laptops and desktops work fine on video sharing and presentation.

Cheers,

Glenn

When in and out of a call, what status appears on the DVI input and source?

• Video Input DVI 2
  • Video Input Source 2

Sorry I have not had a chance to check this yet.