Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some questions regarding TMS, firewalls and OBTP

Hi,

We currently manage a VCS/TMS/TANDBERG endpoint/TP Server environment where all endpoints and infrastructure are directly routable and managed via TMS.  We also connect to another organisation's network via VCS-E - all their endpoints are CTS-1000/3000 and CUCM based however we add them as external endpoints in TMS and use the "Automatic Connect" option when we have meetings between each others endpoints.

I know that TMS has some capability to manage endpoints behind firewalls.  We are interested in having a single TMS to manage all endpoints, including the ability to publish OBTP booking informatiion to CTS endpoints behind the firewall.

Would it be possible for us to manage their CTS endpoints from our TMS if they are behind NAT/Firewall? Including publishing OBTP information?

If so, would we need a NAT entry for every one of their endpoints, or would the CTS units/CUCM initiate the connection behind a common IP?

One issue know we will have is that some of our internal endpoints don't support OBTP, which means we will need to manually choose OBTP or Automatic connect, depending on the endpoints involved.  I've seen previous discussions on here regarding participant based connections as a feature request for TMS, but that's a discussion for another day

If anyone else can think of other "gotchas" or design considerations in this scenario I would be very appreciative.

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, that will not work.

For things like OBTP, dial-out-booking a direct connection from the TMS to the endpoint has to be in place

and the endpoint must be managed by TMS.

Sounds for me more like feature requests to me :-)

Like some kind of trusted federation for b2b obtp meetings / scheduling exchange

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify