Views
Helpful
Replies

SX CE version remote control batteries running low warning message

soundararajan t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We noticed that we got a "your remote control batteries are running low" warning message on SX20 screen. Is it possible to disable this warning message and is it possible to check the remote battery status via api.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There currently isn't anything in the API that allows you to check the battery status.

If you think this is something that is important and should be added, I'd suggest you contact your local Cisco Account Manager and ask them to log a Feature Request (or to add you as a relevant customer to any existing one if one already exists) which can then be assessed by the developers for inclusion in a future software release.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the remote only tells the endpoint it is running low on battery power when it is actually being used, there isn't any API call that you can run to check the battery status as there isn't a way for the endpoint to query the remote on demand.

I do not believe there is any way to disable the message either, the message does automatically remove itself from the screen after a short period, so shouldn't be a huge impact on any calls.  I believe having the message there is a good reminder to the end user that they need to change the battery soon otherwise they will have a greater issue when it doesn't work at all.

We have around 100 of these SX with remote combinations in our environment and don't get any complaints from the end users about the message.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes i agree with your point, this is a good feature. We have around 1000+ endpoints and endpoints deployed on common meeting rooms. Due to this warning message we are getting many duplicate tickets from user.

To avoid this duplicate tickets we are looking for API comments to pullout the remote status on back end ticketing server and change the remote batteries proactively . Currently our all the video endpoints are integrated to our remedy tools and our remedy tool monitor our endpoint health status.   

There currently isn't anything in the API that allows you to check the battery status.

If you think this is something that is important and should be added, I'd suggest you contact your local Cisco Account Manager and ask them to log a Feature Request (or to add you as a relevant customer to any existing one if one already exists) which can then be assessed by the developers for inclusion in a future software release.

Wayne