cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 - How do I disable the "Setup Assistant" menu using only a remote (No Touch10 touchpad associated)

Robert Dones
Level 1
Level 1

My company is deploying about 10 SX10s throughout our various offices. Some will have touchpads (Touch10) associated with them but others will only use the IR remote. I found that one cannot disable the "Setup Assistant" when there is no touchpad. There is no way to change it from one user to another (which is setup on the admin config). 

We are using TC7.3.2 for now until we get a service agreement for the units. 

How do I disable the "Setup Assistant" feature? I do not want users making TCP/IP or CUCM changes to the unit inadvertently.

Please help...I am no noob to TelePresence but this has me stumped.  To emphasize: I have this problem ONLY when using the IR remote (the touchpad security works just fine)

TIA

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Restricting access to the advanced settings is only possible when running CE8.0 or later, TC software doesn't have this feature.  See "Advanced Settings on-screen authentication" in the CE8 Release Notes on pg 18.  When you decide to upgrade to CE8.0, see the SX10 Admin Guide on pg 19 on how to set a PIN for the advanced settings.

The reason you have this issue with the remote, is because when a Touch pad is connected to the codec, the interactive OSD menu used by the remote is disabled because all endpoint controls are then through the Touch and not the remote.