cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 issue with sending audio with presentation video

hoenig123
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently deployed a Cisco SX10 and found a challenge I cannot seem to figure out. When sharing content with far end users they can see the video but do not get audio. I have checked the settings and I am stumped as to what is misconfigured. 

I checked the basics, cabling,  volume, and the settings in the codec looks like a simple set up. When I present locally I have the same issue - no audio from the TV. 

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at the SX10 Installation Guide on pg 5.  The SX10 doesn't have a dedicated audio connector for the VGA input, since VGA doesn't send audio you need an additional input for audio.  I did test using the HDMI input, and I heard audio locally and on the far-end, since HDMI will send video and audio together.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at the SX10 Installation Guide on pg 5.  The SX10 doesn't have a dedicated audio connector for the VGA input, since VGA doesn't send audio you need an additional input for audio.  I did test using the HDMI input, and I heard audio locally and on the far-end, since HDMI will send video and audio together.