cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and 3-rd party camera

Vadim Derman
Level 1
Level 1

I connected the Lumens camera to camera control port CTS-SX20N-K9 through split cable. In documentation said that SX20 control it's camera by VISCA protocol. And it's true but there is one trouble - recalling saved presets.

I can move the camera in pan/tilt and zoom position, save the current position to preset. But when I recall saved preset, camera move to the saved position not correctly. Zoom work correctly but pan/tilt position is wrong.

I suppose that SX20 doesn't save correct pan/tilt coordinate but how fix it?..   

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You probably can't fix it with the default preset functionality which is designed for the Cisco cameras.  The Visca commands that are used are documented in the PrecisionHD Camera Guide.

If you can't get the standard ones to work, you could try some custom controls on a Touch 10 and/or macros to use the APIs to send the correct commands to re-position your camera.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

You probably can't fix it with the default preset functionality which is designed for the Cisco cameras.  The Visca commands that are used are documented in the PrecisionHD Camera Guide.

I compared the Cisco and Lumens camera control protocols. They are completely identical, since they use the Sony Visca protocol, which is unified for all devices. But I couldn't find in Cisco commands the description about how to save the selected preset. Maybe that’s the difference.

If you can't get the standard ones to work, you could try some custom controls on a Touch 10 and/or macros to use the APIs to send the correct commands to re-position your camera.

Unfortunately, there is no API command to send the package directly to the camera control port.