Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and polycom

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have video issues with polycom devices, on 3 location the setup is as follows,sx20 paired with isdn link which is having ISDN BRI connection to ITSP

SX20 to location A polycom device the video on sx20 is seen perfect but on polycom it is seen just for a moment (2  sec) and then the video disappears only audio continues.

SX20 to location B polycom we didn't see the video at all, it pops-up with message no incoming video it continues with audio.

SX20 to location C polycom high end device audio and video is perfect but the call rate changes to 128KB though I am calling at 512 Kbps.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the versions of software running on your SX20 and the Polycom devices is a recent version - there are a number of interoperability issues that are fixed between Cisco and Polycom in the newer releases of both.

I know from experience that pre-TC6.2.1 had issues on the Cisco side, and Polycom VSX pre Version 9.0.6 were also a problem.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dears,

Just to inform you all that the case was solved by cisco by disabling H264 and enabling to H263 and it worked.

Thanks

Yes, disabling H.264 using the Capset Filters can be a workaround to get things working, but it's not a good long term solution.  You should, as I discussed earlier, upgrade your devices so they are running current versions of software which should not require any temporary fixes.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: