Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Presentation issue

eurtelepresence
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have a SX20 which behaves strange while someone shares/Present the content from remote location.

When the remote site shares the content first, The local site with Sx20 is not able to receive the content. To make it work, the SX20 site needs to share first and after that both sites can share the content without issue. 

Having tough time in isolate the issue, we tried changing the cables and a factory reset, but nothing worked. Any help is much appreciated.

Software version: TC7.3.3.c84180a

Installed options:  DualDisplay

HighDefinition

NaturalPresenter

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way content is most often a firewall issue.  Have you checked that the firewalls in between the two endpoints are configured corretcly to allow the media streams.  WIth the fact that you can make it work by opening the ports up from one end, it sounds very much like there are some being blocked inbound.

Failing that, we'll need a few more details on the configurations at each end.  Have you got details on what the the far end endpoint is?  Is that another SX20, or something else?  What call control mechanisms are in place at both ends (VCS, CUCM, Standalone)?  What call protocol is being used (H.323 or SIP)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way content is most often a firewall issue.  Have you checked that the firewalls in between the two endpoints are configured corretcly to allow the media streams.  WIth the fact that you can make it work by opening the ports up from one end, it sounds very much like there are some being blocked inbound.

Failing that, we'll need a few more details on the configurations at each end.  Have you got details on what the the far end endpoint is?  Is that another SX20, or something else?  What call control mechanisms are in place at both ends (VCS, CUCM, Standalone)?  What call protocol is being used (H.323 or SIP)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for your inputs, I had a test call few minutes back. I dont see any packet drops in the Firewall during the presentations on either way, still it doesn't work.

Remote rooms, I tried with several models, CTS3010, CTS9K Series, SX20,  got the same response with all models

We use both, CUCM and VCS as well.

Protocol is SIP.

Make sure any SIP Packet Inspection / ALG fixup is also disabled on your firewalls too.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Wayne,

I agree that this is likely a firewall issue as I've run into it as well.  Do you know where I can get a firewall configuration guide for TelePresence that shows ports/protocols that need to be opened?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rodrigo

Thank you Patrick!