Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 - H323 keeps changing to Off

Will M
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We Just got our first SX80 with the intent to use it for SIP Voip dialing.

Thus far we have older tandbergs, C40s and SX20's but they are all stand alones using H323. We use a bridging service BlueJeans so thats the only thing we really connect to for video.

This was working fine on the SX80 for the last month.

I've spent the last few days figuring out how to get the SIP dialing to work and finally got it up and running last night.

However I could no longer dial BlueJeans via H323. I found out System Config>Network Services had H323 set to off. I enabled it and confirmed with Contacts entries set to use H323 it works fine. This morning H323 was set to off again. I reenabled it and about 30 minutes later it was set to off again.

I am guessing it's sycing with CUCM and disabling it again but I don't see anything in CUCM that seems to indicate an option for this.

We are on CUCM 11.0.1.21900-11

SX80 is on TC7.3.6.ea51021

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

H323 is not supported by CUCM and when doing provisioning with CUCM, H323 will be disabled after every reboot (working as designed).

Refer release notes Page 12

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf  ;  

"When using CUCM provisioning, the endpoint cannot register to a VCS (SIP or H323) at the same time. This use-case is not supported by Cisco. When CUCM provisioning is active, H323 mode is disabled. Cisco recommends TelePresence customers to migrate from H323 to SIP."

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

H323 is not supported by CUCM and when doing provisioning with CUCM, H323 will be disabled after every reboot (working as designed).

Refer release notes Page 12

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf  ;  

"When using CUCM provisioning, the endpoint cannot register to a VCS (SIP or H323) at the same time. This use-case is not supported by Cisco. When CUCM provisioning is active, H323 mode is disabled. Cisco recommends TelePresence customers to migrate from H323 to SIP."

I can understand not being registered to a Gatekeeper as well, but just having H323 enabled as standalone would have been nice.

As mentioned I can reenable it and use Favorites set as H323 and they work fine.

We are just starting to test some SIP deskphones next week so hopefully we can figure out how to get the SIP video out to work. I will reach out to our head engineer.

Thank you.