cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg device - tshell error

marlonb79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, our Tandberg device is no longer taking credentials that we used to use on the web GUI.

I found some documentation that I followed to try and reset the admin password, but that didn't seem to work.  Instead now, I can no longer access tshell due to the following error:

[22369] tshell: failed to open incoming queue rsOQ22369

[22369] product/tshell/cfg/tshell.c:398: error receiving data: -1

The numbers and the rsOQ number changes each time I try to log back in as admin.  I cannot start tshell from the root ID either.

Is there someway to recover this?  Also, if this can be resolved, what is the proper command to reset the admin password for the web GUI?

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Marlon,

which device are you using and trying to recover the password.

Regards

Ravi.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I’m not sure which device you are refer to but since you are mentioning root access to system, password recovery with PWREC account should work (except few device model and specific software version).

Here is procedure:

• Connect serial/console connection
  • Restart the device (power cycle)
  • Login with the user name PWREC. No password is required.
  • You will be prompted for a new password.

Note: The PWREC account is only active for one minute following a restart. Beyond that time you will have to restart the system again to change the password. Because access to the serial port allows the password to be reset, it is recommended that you install the GK/BC in a physically secure environment.

If this procedure doesn’t work, then need to know your device model and software version.

Unfortunately, I have not seen the device in person yet and have asked those who I thought would know and they don't know the model number either.

Someone will be going to our data center to attempt the serial connection password reset.  Thank you for the suggestion.

I will follow up and check that the issue is resolved, but I can't help wonder why the tshell will not start when it worked fine on my initial attempt.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I might overlook initial issue.

If tshell is not allow you to get into API mode, Cisco application may not running (device run with base operation system only).

If so, would be great to correct start up console log, if someone go data center to check system status.

Possibly application startup failure due to software corruption, or have wrong release key (or corrupt release key), etc.

marlonb79
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the advice from all.  We were able to get someone over to access the device physically and fix our access issues.