Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Conductor Out of Compliance preventing

Hi, 

I applied 1 SMP license  for my Conductor 4.2. As part of the testing, I scheduled  2 meeting at the same time and it did went through

Later I check conductor and saw the "out of compliance" appeared on the license page. 

I search and found

"Multiparty Licensing is now enforced by allowing administrators 15 calendar days of non-compliance in a rolling window of 60 calendar days. On the 15th day, an “out-of-compliance” banner is displayed on all endpoints within all conferences. The out-of-compliance banner can only be removed by obtaining and installing more Multiparty Licenses." From Telepresence Conductor release not 4.2. 

This look scary,  How can I limit the number of active conference to ally with the  number of SMP license  I has

Is there any setting on  TMS or Conductor ? 

Thank You.

Natt

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no option to prevent TMS or Conductor from scheduling more conferences than the number of installed SMP licenses.

It's untested, but if you just have one Conductor template and alias, you could use that single alias in TMS.  When the alias is already scheduled in a conference, TMS will not allow a conflict and the result would be only one conference scheduled at a time.  This depends on using a static alias, and not using the variable feature within TMS when scheduling with Conductor.

Hi  Patrick, 

First I want to apologize, I  want to give you 5 star rating, but I mistakenly click at 1 star and now I can not change it.

Thank for your confirmation, this is another nasty sale trick from cisco ?

Natt 

Don't think it's a sales trick, just a design flaw where they probably didn't think to allow someone the ability to limit the number of conferences to equal the number of multiparty licenses installed.  If the scheduling trick I mentioned doesn't work where you limit TMS to only one static conference alias, I suggest you contact TAC to see if they have an suggestions.  Also, you should reach out to your Account Manager, and ask for a feature request to give the customer an option within TMS or Conductor to limit conferences to the number of multiparty licenses installed.

Sorry to hijack the thread - but what if the conference is audio only? Any indication how that's handled during the out-of-compliance period? Asking here because it's been 15/60 days since you've run into this.

Given the fact you're out of compliance, unless one of the audio only participants happens to also have video to see the warning, I'd assume it wouldn't affect them until the 60 days are up.

But conductor isn't going to go out of service at the 60 day mark. So isn't it a safe bet that essentially there is no enforcement on audio only? Other than admin side warnings. There's no clear indication in the documentation what happens if anything.

Edit: and if the service preference is audio only even video enabled endpoints will not get video from the bridge.

Yeah, it doesn't clearly say, it could just be that the banner gets displayed continuously.