cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 15.10 and Polycom HDX8000 3.1.14

aromanowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I've been doing some digging on getting a Polycom HDX8000 managed by our Cisco TMS to be able to book in conferences. We seem to have gotten the endpoint registered to our expressway but when we try to book or put it in a conference, it doesn't seem to like it. We can dial out from the endpoint to Webex, but no incoming calls make it to the device, and it won't dial in to the TMS conference from the endpoint.

If I add it as a participant on the creation of the conference, it states it cannot be added. If I add the endpoint as an external participant using the SIP, it attempts calling into the endpoint but the endpoint doesn't pick up.

I would love to be able to add the Polycom to the TMS as a manageable/bookable endpoint as opposed to needing to add it as an external participant, but both don't work either way so not sure what we're missing. Any info is helpful on what to look at.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TMS really only supports the Polycom HDX endpoints as H.323 endpoints.

You're best off registering them to your Expressway as an H.323 device and letting the Expressway do the interworking between H.323 and SIP.

This should work for you while you plan to get rid of the Polycom devices before they go end of support around October 2021.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused about your problems, you state: "We can dial out from the endpoint to Webex, but no incoming calls make it to the device, and it won't dial in to the TMS conference from the endpoint."  If incoming calls don't make it to the device, you have a call routing problem, TMS has nothing to do with how an incoming call routes. Assuming by incoming, you mean from the internet - check your expressway search history on the Edge and then look on the Core and see if the call is getting there. 

On the second part of your question you say "it won't dial into the TMS conference" - TMS doesn't host anything, what is hosting that conference? A local MCU, TPS, CMS? 

I'll try and explain a little further or word it differently. End result, in a perfect world, we would like to be able to have the Polycom endpoint as a bookable endpoint similarly to the Cisco endpoints we have. At the very least we would like to be able to have our couple Polycom endpoints be able to join into our TMS created conference, which should be hosted on our TPS.

Main questions: if possible, how should we register the Polycom to work in this manner, and what routing should it be going through? It may not be possible to use the Polycom endpoint this way, which is fine, but if we can, we're trying to figure out the proper way to do this.

TMS really only supports the Polycom HDX endpoints as H.323 endpoints.

You're best off registering them to your Expressway as an H.323 device and letting the Expressway do the interworking between H.323 and SIP.

This should work for you while you plan to get rid of the Polycom devices before they go end of support around October 2021.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

This seemed to do what we were looking for. Thank you so much!