Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Administering Bandwidth

mcarlton62
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a working Deployment, TMS 14.2.2 with Provisioning Extension 1.1 and Jabber 4.6. I would like to limit the bandwidthe that can be used by Jabber. I have set the configuration template to use 512 incoming and outgoing. I have restarted Jabber and set the bandwidth Setting to 2mg. When I call another Jabber user, the call establishes at 2meg. Do I need to do something else to administratively take control of the bandwidth Setting in Jabber.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You have to consider the bandwidth limitation applied to VCS as well.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo

Thanks, i was not aware there was a seeting in the VCS that would restrict bandwidth to a Jabber User? Where is that?

Thanks Again

Mark

Mark - Please see the VCS documentation for more information on zones, subzones, links and pipes.  With those different functions you can set bandwidth limitations.  In your case, you'd want to create a subzone just for Jabber Video users and set the bandwidth there to be applied to those specific registered devices/users.

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, it seems the provisioning setting for bandwidth is not getting to the client. Run a diag log on the VCS when a jabber client logs in and verify the provisioning data sent in the notify message.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: