Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS API Check running version and status of TMS Server

salim.guerid
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

Is there a way to achieve the above using the TMS RemoteSetup API? I do not see any function available from the API documentation: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsba/Cisco-TMSBA-API-guide-15-6.pdf

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The guide you linked to is only for the Booking API, not for TMS itself (of which there isn't one).

Given that TMS will not update itself, and would need to be manually updated when required, the version number isn't going to change unless it yourself.  There really isn't any status info either - given there are a bunch of windows services that make up the TMS application, you're probably best querying the Windows Server itself to make sure the services are in the state you expect them to be in.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi @Wayne DeNardi, Thanks for your answer. I still believe that it will be relevant to be able to query the TMS version and to get the license info like you can with many other Cisco components. It seems that there is a gap for this in the API.

The issue there is that there is no API for TMS itself.  So, there is nothing to add it to.

You could ask your local Cisco Account Manager to log a Feature Request to have it considered for a future software release.

A workaround for you could be to scrape it off the TMS web interface, it appears in the bottom right corner:

<span id="ctl00_uxContent_lblTmsVersion"><span title="Build 15.5.0 (2017-04-03 11:54:32Z) 61cd829">Version: 15.5.0 </span></span>
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi, I thought about that that but wasn't sure if API rights will grant you the right to access the web page :-/ Thanks for your feedback. I will reach out to my Cisco AM.

Access to the TMS website is based on user permissions under Administrative Tools > User Administration. Since TMS is a website that's running in IIS with a SQL database (where all the data within TMS is stored), you could query the database for the TMS version, although going into the database isn't supported and not recommended.
The TMS services are simply Windows services, can be checked via PowerShell or some type of monitoring application.