cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Booking and connecting MXP/MCU endpoints but not C series?

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Booking a conference in the TMS (13.2) works point to point and multipoint (using MCU - codian 8510) with MXP units, but when we try to book a conference using our C series (C60, C90) point to point (between MXP and C series or C series to Jabber tested) or multipoint using the internal multipoint option on our C series the TMS reports calling but it never connects (and the units never get called).

If we schedule a conference with the C series and use our MCU the TMS successfully connects the C series to the MCU.

This feels like something misconfigured on the C series units but I can't for the life of me figure out what it would be?

ideas?

thanks ahead of time for the help

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, are you sure you are using the correct protocol for dialing? What is in the connection setting when you book the conference or try to dial? What bandwidth are you using? There are many factors that can cause the call to fail. Can you also verify that you can call the same number directly from the units? This might not be an issue with TMS. The fact that the mcu can dial the endpoints means that the mcu has a valid route to the endpoints but the endpoints might not have in between them p2p. You should do some more tests to eliminate more possible causes.

Are they registered in the same vcs?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I did some playing around with the bandwidth of the conference settings. It seems I might have exceeded the total allowable bandwidth for a multipoint call using our C90's internal MCU. Where would one find that in a C90 (total limiting aggregate bandwidth in a multipoint conference)? I'll have to instruct our users who use our TMS.

thank you for the help BTW.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi the max bandwidth of the C90 is 6000 kbps as far as I know. And if there is no bw available it will fail.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yup. As soon as I lowered default conference bandwidth to 1920, my 3-way call worked fine

Don't know who to submit a suggestion for the TMS, but it would be nice for it to automatically failover to our MCU if the aggregate bandwidth is exceeded when booking a multipoint call (in addition to exceeding the number of endpoints a codec can handle like it does now)