Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Conference E-mail Invite - Video Address Format

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is there anyway to remove or modify the SIP:// tag from the TMS e-mail invite?

For example:

JOIN USING TELEPRESENCE

Video address:

----- sip://391000@example.com

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not able to test it, but you could try and remove the following from the Booking Invite email template that pertains to the call protocol that appears before the address.

<SECTION:PROTOCOL>
<tr>
    <td height="15"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td align="left" colspan="2" class="smallLabel" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #666;">
        <VAL:PROTOCOL>:</td>
</tr>
</SECTION:PROTOCOL>

Thanks Patrick,

I noticed that as well. I guess I'll have to try it in my lab. Users get confused and actually try and prepend that to the conference ID.

I didn't want it to take away the functionality of clicking the link to have Jabber dial the conference. Ideally it would be nice to see it formatted as URI only but still have the link as sip: prepended.

You should consider using direct join options that were added to the TMS email templates in 14.4.  See here in the TMS Release Notes on pgs 4-5.  You can name one of them "Jabber" or whatever text you like.

Arun Thakran
Level 1
Level 1

I Believe you can achieve this by editing the Booking Invite template on TMS.

Administrative Tools > Configuration > Edit E-mail Templates > Edit Booking Invite - HTML

select and Cut the following command lines out of the template:

==========================================================================

Note:

DO NOT click on save template 

Once you have cut out the below mentioned Lines go to the preview Pane on the same page and click "refresh" at the bottom of the preview pane and check if you got the template as per your requirements.

==========================================================================

Starting from:

<SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>
<SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS_TITLE>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td height="15"></td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left" colspan="2" class="smallLabel" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #666;">{TELEPRESENCE_VIDEO_ADDRESS}:</td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        </SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS_TITLE>
<FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>
<SECTION:PROTOCOL>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td height="15"></td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left" colspan="2" class="smallLabel" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #666;">
                                                                <VAL:PROTOCOL>:</td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        </SECTION:PROTOCOL>
                                                        <FOREACH:ZONE>
                                                        <SECTION:ZONE>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td height="2"></td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                                <VAL:ZONE>
                                                            </td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        </SECTION:ZONE>
                                                        <FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td height="2"></td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left" colspan="2" class="label" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; color: #666;"><span class="boldValue" style="color: #333; font-weight: bold;">
                                                                <VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS>
                                                            </span></td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        </FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>
</FOREACH:ZONE>
</FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>
</SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

TIll Above

I Hope the information is helpful for you

Please rate the answer as correct if it is helpful to you

Arun -

If he removes all of what you mention, he'll be removing the entire video address, something he doesn't want to do because he only wants to remove the H323/SIP protocol that appears before the address.

Ahh.. if that is the case I believe removing the section you mentioned alone will suffice. :-)