Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS MCU RMA movement of conferences

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have had to perform an RMA on an MCU, an 8510 the replacement MCU appears to be working without issue, however we now have many conferences that have previously been schedule which TMS is showing as on a deleted system (we had to purge the old MCU to add the new one) is there a method in which we can perform a bulk port of all the conferences scheduled on the previous MCU to bring them onto the new MCU?

Cheers          

Think with Portals       

Think with Portals
2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should have done a replace on the old MCU, inputing the new MCU's information.  That would have copied over the TMS parameters to the new MCU, but since you've already purged the old MCU from TMS, you can't do this as TMS now doesn't have a record of it.

You could have set TMS to track the old MCU by IP, shutdown the old MCU, and bring the new MCU up with the old IP.  TMS wouldn't know the difference since it would be tracking by IP, and not system specific data such as MAC address. 

I'm afraid you'll have to touch every conference and update them to use the new MCU, unless there is another way I'm not aware of.

Hi Patrick

that is what my fear is, i was wondering if it would be possible to run an SQL script to pull all the conferences from a "deleted MCU" to the name of the new MCU, if that's possible?

Cheers

Think with Portals

Think with Portals