Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS: Prefer IP calls over ISDN using IP/ISDN Zones

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a scenario where a single instance of TMS is managing a number of endpoints, MCU's and ISDN Gateway's across two different geographical locations.

The WAN link between the locations is not good enough to support all IP calls yet, so i am using IP/ISDN zones in TMS locations to specify which protocol is preffered.

This is all set up, so an MCU in one location has a specific IP zone assigned which states:

Local: Prefer IP

Non-Local: Prefer ISDN.

Only problem is when i schedule between a number of local and non-local systems in TMS, an MCU is automatically added but they all connect on H323, i have to physically change the non-local systems to H323->H320 in order for the MCU to use the ISDN Gateway. The IP zone configured against the MCU states that non-local systems should prefer ISDN but it doesn't seem to do this automatically.

Are there any other settings i need to change?

Thanks, Simon

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please add the info which version of TMS and what kind of MCU you use.

Never neeeded that, but did you check on the IP zone setting (Admin Tools / Locations)

there is an option for "Allow ip-isdn-ip" as well as a preference list.

Not sure if the route phonebook settings parameter could also have an impact here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

TMS is running: 14.1.1

MCU is running: 4.4 (3.42)

I did try enable the IP-ISDN-IP but it made no difference, route phonebook is currently configured to 'yes'

Thanks, Simon

Did you try to put the MCU in an extra zone?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

Yes, both MCU's are allocated their own IP zones.