cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting EX60/90 MX200/300 endpoints

dgauthier
Level 1
Level 1

For SIP or H323 attached EX60/60 or MX200/300 endpoints...I have seen suggestions to use CLI log debugs of

1) log ctx SipPacket (or H323Packet) debug 9

Is there any other debug syntax that is 'more common' in troubleshooting these endpoints...any suggestions would be of great assistance. thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following PDF document contains more information on "tracing" TC software.

View solution in original post

The "slash" in linux needs to be a "forward" slash like this : /

[dderidde-ex90-home:/var/log/eventlog] $ cd

[dderidde-ex90-home:~] $ cd /mnt/base/active

[dderidde-ex90-home:/mnt/base/active] $ ls config.db

config.db

[dderidde-ex90-home:/mnt/base/active] $

I think you are better of using the GUI. I am using TC6.0.0. Unsure whether it is in TC5 release, but below is snapshot how to do backup using your browser.

prarawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We need to download "WinSCP" software in order to backup system configuration. Please download the WinSCP software from : http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Log in as root using WinSCP, navigate to the folder: „/mnt/base/active/‟. Now copy the file „config.db‟ and store it somewhere safe. Removing this file and rebooting the system will cause the system to boot up with factory default settings. When you need to restore the configuration copy the backup of the file back to the above location and reboot the system. The system will now boot up with the previously stored settings.

Thanks,

Prashant Rawat

7 Replies 7

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following PDF document contains more information on "tracing" TC software.

Danny, appreciate the response.  I will be looking over the documentation today.  I will reach out for any further questions.

Danny,

the document referenced mentions Backup System Configuration.  for EX60 running TC5.1 software...the base config is not visible.  This is logging in a root.  See attached graphic.  Does system backup location vary from TC software versions?  Please advise...thx.

The "slash" in linux needs to be a "forward" slash like this : /

[dderidde-ex90-home:/var/log/eventlog] $ cd

[dderidde-ex90-home:~] $ cd /mnt/base/active

[dderidde-ex90-home:/mnt/base/active] $ ls config.db

config.db

[dderidde-ex90-home:/mnt/base/active] $

I think you are better of using the GUI. I am using TC6.0.0. Unsure whether it is in TC5 release, but below is snapshot how to do backup using your browser.

Danny, thx again.  Unfortunately, TC5.X does not provide backup and restore from GUI.  But good to note on TC6.X SW.

prarawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We need to download "WinSCP" software in order to backup system configuration. Please download the WinSCP software from : http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Log in as root using WinSCP, navigate to the folder: „/mnt/base/active/‟. Now copy the file „config.db‟ and store it somewhere safe. Removing this file and rebooting the system will cause the system to boot up with factory default settings. When you need to restore the configuration copy the backup of the file back to the above location and reboot the system. The system will now boot up with the previously stored settings.

Thanks,

Prashant Rawat

thx...works great.