Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway - Dual Interface/Static NAT option

1arichardson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just wanted to understand whether what I have been told is correct with regard to VCS-E and dual interface option. I currently have a VCS-E without the dual interface option, but now require it to enable the VCS-E to be installed into the DMZ and use 1:1 NAT. I have been told that it is not possible to order the license option after the appliance has been bought, this is only a factory option.

Is this really the case, it seems like a really bad decision (for me at least) as this would mean I have to buy a whole new expressway!

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Ash

5 Replies 5

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ash,

have you tried contacting the licensing team of cisco? you can write them at licensing@cisco.com. if the key is present then they  should be aable to provide you that.

If not, try contacting your local cisco account manager to escalate.

cheers

Alok

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ash.

In addition to Aloks answer.

The Cisco Part Number is:  LIC-VCS-DI

It should not be a problem to oder it later on. It is only available for the VCS-E in the appliance version

(the virtualized one has it by default).

Recheck with your cisco partner and if that does not help escalate it towards Cisco.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks both Alok and Martin for the replies. I couldn't see any reason why you could not add the licence later either. I have escated within Cisco now, I'll let you know the outcome.

Regards

Ash

Hi,

had the same discussion a few days ago and PDI Helpdesk said, this could be only purchased with the Appliance. So I contacted the right ones at Cisco and got the answer I was searchin for:

this is the trick

Item Name Description ListPrice

L-VCS-PAK VCS Licenses PAK PIDs $0

L-VCS-DI Order L-VCS-PAK for E-dlvry Dual Network Interface feature

You have to buy the L-VCS-PAK (0$ item) and select the L-VCS-DI Option

@Thomas: if you read that, thanks again for your help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

1arichardson
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, thanks very much for your replies, I have now got this sorted out although I now have issues with other licensing.

Kind regards

Ash

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App