Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS / Expressway IP address Call in

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC Experts,

May I set a dedicated public IP for a VC endpoint?
For example:

VC endpoint (vc01@abc.com) ---<register>---> CallManager ---<Neighbor> ---> Expressway-C & E ---<map a public IP: 202.18.252.1>---> Fw <--- (call the public IP: 202.18.252.1)

Can I set the translate the public IP from 202.18.252.1 to vc01@abc.com on Expressway?

6 Replies 6

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you can try to do this with transforms

"The Transforms page (Configuration > Dial plan > Transforms) lists all the pre-search transforms currently configured on the Expressway. It is used to create, edit, delete, enable and disable transforms.

Aliases are compared against each transform in order of Priority, until a transform is found where the alias matches the Pattern in the manner specified by the pattern Type. The alias is then transformed according to the Pattern behavior and Replace string rules before the search takes place (either locally or to external zones).

After the alias has been transformed, it remains changed. and all further call processing is applied to the new alias."

configuration -> dialplan -> transforms.

pattern type: regex or exact

pattern string: 202\.18\.252\.1 or 202.18.252.1

pattern behavior: replace

replace string: vc01@abc.com

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where do you plan on these external endpoints that call the VCS-E IP address to be routed to?

Any call that comes into the VCS-E that doesn't contain an alias, for instance if an endpoint simply calls the VCS-E IP address, you can configure the VCS-E to route these calls to a predetermined fallback alias set under Configuration > Dial Plan > Configuration.

Actually, I want to  assign a new public IP for calling in the registered CUCM of DX80 directly by outside H323 IP call in.

I checked the H323 IP call in is no alias, right?

That mean I cannot map a new public IP (Fw NAT) for a internal DX80?
I can call in by <DX80-01>@<Exp-E's public IP>?

If the external endpoint is capable of dialing H323 or SIP, in the format of alias@domain or alias@VCS_IP, you could send the call to the DX80.  You might need to use a transform/search rule to change the domain and/or VCS_IP to whatever CUCM uses.  If you just dial the VCS IP address and don't specify an alias before the IP (ie: alias@VCS_IP), than you'll need to use the fallback option on the VCS.

I want to allow the outside endpoint to call the direct IP address to the internal DX80, through Expressway.

Expressway not support? Must type the <SX80>@<Exp-E Public IP>?

Only way to call an endpoint via IP only is to open your firewall between the two endpoints.

To call via the VCS, use one of the following formats:

1. alias@domain
  2. alias@VCS_IP

In the above examples, alias equals either the H323 E164 or ID, or the entire alias@domain can equal the SIP URI.