cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Licenses Migrate to Expressway Licenses

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

I want to replace the existing VCS-C hardware bundle server (software version 8.2), because the hardware will be end of support soon.

I want to upgrade to be Expressway Servers, instead of the VCS servers, but the Expressway’s licenses are different on the VCS’s license.

Expressway’s endpoint registration need the ‘EXP-DSK’ and ‘EXP-ROOM’ ó VCS’s endpoint registration is no need licenses.

Expressway’s B2B calls counted by the RMS licenses ó VCS’s B2B calls counted by the traversal / non-traversal licenses.

Can I use the ‘R-VMVCS-C-M-K9’ for migrating the existing VCS’s transversal / non-traversal licenses to be Expressway’s EXP-ROOM / RMS licenses?

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
R-VMVCS-C-M-K9 is used to migrate VCS hardware appliance to virtual. I'm not sure if it's possible to migrate from VCS to Expressway, you'd have to speak to your Account Manager to see if it's possible and if so, what would be the process. Regarding VCS or Expressway, they have different licensing schemes, however the software and features are almost identical. If you have adequate number of VCS licenses, you could simply migrate your hardware appliances to virtual without trying to migrate from VCS to Expressway.

Hi,

i am looking for part# to migrate virtual VCS-E virtual expressway-E

I don't believe there is a part number to migrate a VCS to Expressway, at least I've never heard of one.  Recommend you contact your Cisco Account Team and they can help determine what your options are.

Hi Patrick,

I was looking to migrate licenses and part number is (R-VCS2EXPWY-E-K9 ) but i was unable to find this part number on CCW, but after searching i was able to find.

R-VCS2EXPWY-E-K9 no longer works in CCW.  Has this promotion expired?

I was able to find R-VCS2EXPWY-E-K9 in CCW ... did not auto populate but when I entered the entire sku and hit it worked