Views
Helpful
Replies

Video live streaming

dpmon11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am attempting to introduce ip sla udp jitter to measure jitter for our video live streaming platform ( pexip infinity ). 

We have had packet loss issues to our AWS direct connect for one reason or another but we want to add redundancy with another AWS Direct Connect.  

What I would like to do is to setup an ip sla udp jitter probe and when it hits a certain amount of jitter or latency have it trigger a failover to the backup link on a redundant router.

The issue I see, and this may be my misunderstanding on how ip sla works, is that end-to-end ip sla responder must be configured. Is it a must? The other end is not a cisco device but a server.

What I am trying to measure is the jitter from our cisco router to a server in AWS cloud through our direct connection to AWS (BGP neighbor with AWS). We do not have access to AWS router/switch to make sure ip sla responder is configured, if they even use cisco.

I was also looking into BFD but I think that would require opening a discussion in another sub-community.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you for your kind attention.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: