Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice hunt-group fails on video calls - Shared SIP/SCCP extension

leandro.brito
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, let me explain my scenario.

A user has one extension (1000) and 02 phones (9951 SIP and a 7921 SCCP Wireless).

We're trying to find a way in which we could use the same extension on both phones.

OK, at least until writing this one, we couldn't find any way to share it in a perfect way.

Both SIP/SCCP could register into CME, however calls rings only on SCCP, so we decided to find a workaround using hunt-group.

Follow my config:

voice register dn  1

number 1001

name 1001

mwi

voice register pool  1

id mac xxxx.yyyy.zzzz

type 9951

number 1 dn 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

username 1001 password cisco

description 1001

codec g711ulaw

no vad

camera 

video

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 1002

name 1002

ephone  1

device-security-mode none

mac-address aaaa.bbbb.cccc

type 7921

button  1:1

voice hunt-group 2 parallel

pilot 1000

list 1001, 1002

Results:

If someone tries to reach the user by the pilot number (1000), both numbers (SCCP and SIP) rings simultaneously…..perfect.

Voice calls works great, but, if someone using another 9951 (video enabled) tries to reach the pilot 1000 and the SIP phone (number 1001) answer the call…..I get no video on the call, only audio.

I've replaced the SCCP phone for another SIP, just to be sure that there's nothing related to the hunt-group….and it has worked well.

For some reason, if the SCCP is registered and available on the hunt group…..the video call doesn't work when dialing to the pilot number.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Regards,

Leandro

1 Reply 1

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Leandro,

This is an interesting issue, maybe you can do the following, capture the deb ccsip messages, deb ccsip info, and call to the pilot number, I believe that in the invite you won't be able to se the video media negotiation. I'll tried in my lab, and will get back to you soon!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: