Views
Helpful
Replies

voice solution for 2 directly connected LANs

christianeze
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have 2 offices connected using microwave link p2p(using cisco routers at both ends).And we are about to deploy voice solution that will enable staff at both offices to make calls between the 2 offices using softphone technology. i need someone who have deployed this kind of solution before or have an idea of what it takes to help me with the tips of how to go about it.i wouldnt mind if diagram is attached.

thanks

4 Replies 4

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am no expert at this, but I have used a 2811 with CME 4.0 and Cisco IP Communicator softphones in a LAN environment, and it works fine.

Depending on the router you are using, you may be even able to upgrade to an IOS, with Voice / CME feature set.

HTH.

thanks my brother, what i have at both ends are cisco 2801. i know that i have to buy the ip communicator licence but how can i get CME 4.0, can i download it from cisco site with my COO login.

Also can you send the config at the router end for impplementing the stuff because this is exalty what am planing to implement, i.e voip using cisco ip communicator.

thank you very much.

You can download CME 4.0 by downloading the right IOS image. (I am not sure of licensing, if you do this).

The IOS version for CME 4.0 that I have seen is 12.4(9)T, although later versions may have for example CME 4.01 (??)

For configuring CIPC,

ephone 10

description CIPC softphone

mac-address 0000.0000.7A6A

type CIPC

button 1:5

(Obviously, you have to define ephone-dn 5)

Hope this helps.

Please RATE this post !!!

bltnewworld
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If ur router is modular,u just have to buy FXS card for both routers,and minor configuration like creating dialpeers...u can find these config. on net too. after fixing this if u want to expand ur telephony network try to use pbx along with FXS card.