cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Schedule routing. is it an uncovered subject?

mohsenlotfi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Net Pros.

Really is there a way of implementing something like TOD and schedule routing for VOIP calls in VGWs(not call manager).

I have an IPIPGW and want to route traffic at certain time of day to specific destination and route it to another carrier in rest of the times .

I am deeply searching Cisco, netpro and googling for this but it sounds like this is completely uncovered subject for VGW and IPIPGW in cisco.

BTW I need to do this by IOS router not accounting application.

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok i think u right it is uncovered

but when i read this question something came to my mind

which is

make an ACL (time based ACL) that permit lets say h323 signaling in a spicific time to one gateway and to the othergate way in other time

and make two dial-peers with same config and each one point to different gateway based on ur above requerment

and make prefrence for one of them 1 and the other 2

so think when the ACL blocking call signalling for one gateway in a particular time the dial-peer will try to hunt and go to the other dial-peer with the same destination

which should be allowed by the ACL at that time

(u may want to route ur calls during working hours to gateway1 and after that to gateway 2

just make ACL time based block callsignalling for gateway one during working houres and

make two dial-peer to the same destniation

one for gateway one with prefrence 1

and the other for gateway2 with prefrence more than one ( 2, 3 .. )

and try to decreas the h323 default time when move between dial-peer by default 15 second

so u have to wait 15 second to go to dial-peer with higher prefrence number by defaul)

try it and let me know

Rate if helpful

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: