cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advangate to h.320

Harold.edwards
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of setting up VT Advantage with a 3544 with a h.320 gateway card installed. I am curious of whether the VT endpoints will be able to call an external h.320 endpoint. I should also mention that the 3544 will be registered with CallManager as a bridge.

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

I believe that it can call to an external H.320 endpoint. Please check the following link for any relevant information..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5662/prod_presentation0900aecd8010fe96.html

gsykes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not entirely sure that you can register the 3540 / 3526 H.320 gateway directly with call manager. I've certainly not heard of this being acheived.

Typically the H.320 gateway would register to the gatekeeper, with call routing set up between call manager and the gatekeeper for H.323 > SCCP calls.

In order to access the services provided by the gateway, call manager would have to be configured to forward requests for prefixes that the gateway uses to the H.323 Gatekeeper. For example, if the gateway registered the service '86' for a 6 channel ISDN call, then call manager would have to be configured to forward any calls beginning with 86 to the gatekeeper for termination on the gateway.

Hope this helps.

Glen