cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage / IP Communicator

terrywalker
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if IP communicator now supports video? I believe I saw a document on Cisco stating the new version of IP communicator supports the new version of VT Advantage.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

In the IP Comm 1.1.4 release notes...

Cisco VT Advantage

There are some known issues when using Cisco IP Communicator Release 1.1(4) with Cisco VT Advantage.

Problem Description (CSCee00053)

When changing a USB handset or headset, the user receives the following error message: "Audio Tuning Wizard cannot configure this device to play sound. Cisco IP Communicator may not function properly with this device."

Workaround: Reboot the PC and insert the USB device for Cisco IP Communicator followed by the USB device for Cisco VT Advantage.

See CSCee00053 for more information.

Problem Description (CSCee07575)

When using a USB Audio Device with Cisco IP Communicator at the same time as Cisco VT Advantage, users receive the following error message: "USB Controller Bandwidth Exceeded."

Workaround: Avoid using Cisco VT Advantage and a USB audio device with Cisco IP Communicator at the same time. Another workaround is to ensure that the Cisco VT Advantage camera and the USB audio device for Cisco IP Communicator are using separate USB ports on the PC.

See CSCee07575 for more information.

With information on how it works with IP Communicator, it sounds like it is supported.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipc/relns/ipcrn114.htm#wp1089115

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I found a doc that actually spells it out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5662/prod_release_note09186a00802dee65.html#wp1006266

Cisco VT Advantage and Cisco IP Communicator Co-resident on a PC

If you want to run both Cisco VT Advantage and Cisco IP Communicator on the same PC, use these versions:

•Cisco VT Advantage version 1.0(2) or higher

•Cisco IP Communicator version 1.1(2) or higher

One point of clarification in regards to what has been stated here. While it is possible to have both IP Communicator and VT Advantage co-resident on a system, they will not interact with one another making IP Communicator video capable at this time.

Do we happen to know when the functionailty will be available to interact with IP Communicator?

i heard that ip communicator / vt advantage interoperability will be available at the last quarter of 2005 (or maybe Q1 2006), with a version update, from a local presales engineer.