cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webRTC calls to CMS 2.3.7 no longer working after upgrade to Google Chrome 72.0.3626.109

Matt B
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone could explain why guest webRTC calls to Cisco Meeting Server 2.3.7 no longer work after upgrade of Google Chrome to version 72.0.3626.109?

If I downgrade to an older version of Google Chrome the webRTC calls are successful. Our workflow relies on external webRTC calls from outside our IT infrastructure and so we have no control over the Google Chrome version they use. So what has changed in the later version to now prevent guest webRTC from being established?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There was a change in Chrome 72 that broke WebRTC for older CMS versions, fixed in the latest releases.  I recommend upgrading to CMS2.5.1 - it's generally a good idea to keep CMS up to date anyway as other browser changes can break compatibility for older versions, but this version also adds support for Safari for iPhone/iPad/Mac as well as a bunch of other features and it's a pretty easy upgrade from 2.3 > 2.5.

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade to 2.5.1, Cisco released CMS 2.3.10 which also fixes the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

There was a change in Chrome 72 that broke WebRTC for older CMS versions, fixed in the latest releases.  I recommend upgrading to CMS2.5.1 - it's generally a good idea to keep CMS up to date anyway as other browser changes can break compatibility for older versions, but this version also adds support for Safari for iPhone/iPad/Mac as well as a bunch of other features and it's a pretty easy upgrade from 2.3 > 2.5.

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade to 2.5.1, Cisco released CMS 2.3.10 which also fixes the issue.