cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 additional External Camera for hi-res imaging - need suggestions

SpaceAce68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I am searching for suggestions on how to add an additional external camera, either HDMI direct connection via the PC port or USB that will work to share within VC's to other parties.  I've tried a Horus Scope but can't seem to get it to show (this one is USB) and I've tried a AMD-2500 which did work (however, the AMD model is bulky as it only produces an S-Video signal and I have to use a converter to change the signal to HDMI (as the DX80 only accepts HDMI; don't think the USB will work).

I am using CE 9.3 O/S on my unit but also heard that maybe Android handles this better?  Anyone know if this is true?

Really appreciate your suggestions.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The old android software load isn't being developed any further and is effectively dead, so I wouldn't recommend going back to it form the CE software load.

Any camera will work as the presentation input, but when sharing this content over a video conference, the content is limited on a DX80 to 1080p5fps, and you will only achieve that at a high call rate.

If you need anything higher resoltuion than that, then you will need to consider a different model endpoint.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The old android software load isn't being developed any further and is effectively dead, so I wouldn't recommend going back to it form the CE software load.

Any camera will work as the presentation input, but when sharing this content over a video conference, the content is limited on a DX80 to 1080p5fps, and you will only achieve that at a high call rate.

If you need anything higher resoltuion than that, then you will need to consider a different model endpoint.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.