Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
RenzKanwischer
Beginner

How to remove Macro and In-Room Control via provisioning?

Hi,

I have a question:

We are using "xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch" for mass provisioning of Macros and In-Room Controls. This works as expected.

Now we have the need for removing some of the previously provisioned Macros and In-Room Controls. Is there a way to "Uninstall" a previous bundle or to remove Controls and Macros separately?

Thanks

Renz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee

Hi, you are provisioning the macros using a bundle, this is a backup restore procedure. To remove the individual macros you need to issue an xCommand on each codec. This can be provisioned via TMS (not UCM) as a custom command or you can script it (using the SSH xAPI or XMLAPI. You cannot provision custom commands using the backup and restore mechanism. 

The command you should use is:

xCommand Macros Macro Remove Name: nameofmacro 

I do have a script to send custom commands via the XMLAPI using a CSV file of codecs, let me know if you need it. If you have your own solution thats fine as well. :)

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee

Hi, you are provisioning the macros using a bundle, this is a backup restore procedure. To remove the individual macros you need to issue an xCommand on each codec. This can be provisioned via TMS (not UCM) as a custom command or you can script it (using the SSH xAPI or XMLAPI. You cannot provision custom commands using the backup and restore mechanism. 

The command you should use is:

xCommand Macros Macro Remove Name: nameofmacro 

I do have a script to send custom commands via the XMLAPI using a CSV file of codecs, let me know if you need it. If you have your own solution thats fine as well. :)

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi Magnus,

thanks. I think this would work here as well. Can you send me the script you mentioned, please?

Renz

Is there a way to remove In-room control panels as well?
xujf
Beginner

I am very interested in using "xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch" for mass provisioning of Macros and In-Room Controls.  Could you share me how to do it?

I use the command to update the provision, but it failed

xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch Checksum:"7b6a91e2fd68729dafc06450ddab032ff9a6eec1b4aac9828a2d1bde9af309f4f5dac11965bf90636f7958a042e78d27ac95f49ac935f8b240dd0692fb45906c" ChecksumType:SHA512 Mode:Replace Origin:Other URL:"http://bbtms.1table.cn/tms/public/external/management/systemmanagementservice.asmx"

OK
*r ServiceFetchResult (status=Error):
*r ServiceFetchResult Reason: "Checksum mismatch"
** end

espholmb
Cisco Employee

The file you should be pointing to should be the backup.zip file created when you created a backup from the web page of the system, and not the tms provisioning file. 

bolguin01
Beginner

Hello All, 

Has anyone figured out how to remove In Room Controls in bulk?

Thanks!

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021