cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to run telnet commands from an API macro on Cisco touch 10?

ninjamaster5280
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to control lighting in a room by using the macro feature and commands. In order to do this, I need to be able to run telnet commands.  Is it possible to run telnet commands directly from api macro calls?  If so, how would I do this?  I noticed that the documentation contains http calls, but currently cannot find a telnet feature. 

If not, is it possible to include telnet client external library for javascript that would work, such as

var request = new XMLHttpRequest();

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, the endpoint itself cannot make outbound telnet connections.

As a workaround, you can have some other system monitoring the xFeedback of the endpoint looking for your button presses on the Touch10, then triggering a telnet (or whatever other functionality you may require for other things).  You can do this with something simple and cheap like a Raspberry Pi if you don't have other infrastructure available in your environment to do this from.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: