Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile 55'' Dual monitor issue

Rishu Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client where Profile 55 dual screen is installed, some how all of sudden 2nd monitor stopped working ( no display ), tried to restart and checked cable connection. But nothing works .

Soft. ver. TC5.1.4.

Can any one suggest troubleshooting steps for it .

Thanks

Rishu

4 Replies 4

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rishu

1) Try to swap the left and right screen on the codec, do the picutre change?

2) Try the screen with another source in - for example try to connect your laptop directly to the screen.

3) Try to connect the non working codec output to another screen that you know is working.

If the screen is not displaying at all, then i would recommend you to contact TAC in order to get help replacing the screen.

//Marius

Hi Marius,

I tried somthing

if we unplug DVI calbe once or twoic at codec end and restart it . Display comes in 2nd monitor .

It's like if device is off and we switch it on some times 2nd monitor works fine some times it gives no display.

I upgraded soft ver. also to TC5.1.5

Thanks

Rishu

Finally we replaced monitor and its working fine now.

Glad to hear it's working now.  You mentioned earleir that you've upgraded to TC5.1.5 - this is quite an old release of the software (the latest is TC7.0.2).

Anything Pre-TC6.1 has some security vulnerabilities that you may wish to address.  These are detailed in this security advisory: http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc.

If you are covered by an active service contract on your device, you should be able to receive the release keys and software for the lastest version, or without a service contract, the above secuirty advisory will at least get you to TC6.1 (See the Obtaining Fixed Software / Customers Without Service Contracts section).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.