Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Device Template for Ex90 or E20 and not registering

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Team ,

If i want To use a Ex90 or E20 as a provisioning device, which parameter are needed to configure the XML templates? I configured basically the VCS-C ,
VCS -E address and the phonebook source. But it doesn't work or could not registered . I added group and a user with username and password with assign the right template but no registration. On the Provisioning wizard of the EX90 , I configured the way of VCS with domain and username password and external manager but no chance to register. How now the ex90 that he sit in the external. On the movi client I have internal and external server but not on the wizard . Ok you could solve the external about the domain like vc. domain.com. But no registering
Thanks for your ideas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rasim

Username: {Username of the provisioning user}

Password:  {Password for the provisioning user}

Domain: {SIP Domain}

External Manager: {VCS address}

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i assume you are using TMSPE.

In the xml you need just a few basics, sip server , phonebook uri, phonebook type (vcs).

Make sure the template is assigned (and is the correct version) to the group where the user is located. Go to the vcs in tms and perform a full synch if the configs have just changed.

Now in the provisioning wizard, select vcs provisioning. Type in the username and password, sip domain, and vcs address (where the user and provisioning data is located. Den execute. If it fails i would verfy the data like sip domain, device uri, diagnostic logging on the vcs should also give you some clues. :)

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus,

Yes i did all, I create a user with usernam and password, with tempalte ect..like the Movi.

yes it is the PE. I sync th the Provisioining abut the VCS, i have use the EX90 Tempalte 5.1.

But in the Provisioning Wizzard of the EX90, you see only: username:

Passwort:

Domain:

External Manager:

Thats all, no VCS Adress

Hi Rasim

Username: {Username of the provisioning user}

Password:  {Password for the provisioning user}

Domain: {SIP Domain}

External Manager: {VCS address}

/Magnus

HI,

must I previously the registering the ex90 device on the expressway-->VCS-C before use the Provisioning Wizard? Or, he registered himself as the movi? I think the behaivor is the same like movi client. He registered after taking the template.

And the External Manager? The Guide says, that is the DNS/IP Adress from the TMS Server. Ok but i want to come over the expressway and it makes no sense when I enter the internal address of the TMS server in the External Manager

THX

Hi Magnus,

it works now, after copple of trying to register with the wizzard it works :-)

i typed the Expressway Adress in the external Manager.

THX

Great!