Views
Helpful
Replies

Quad Camera no ethernet activity

Matthew Puryear
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Quad Camera that appears to be on (the status light on the front is illuminated), but no matter what I plug it into, the activity LEDs on the ethernet port do not come on. The codec can't find it, and if I plug it into a switch, the switch does not detect that the port is up. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this, or if it is a hardware issue.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Yes it seems to be hardware issue.

Please try a factory reset by reset pin hole and see if it helps else please open a TAC case to get it replaced.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn89636/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as "accepted solution" if applicable

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Matthew Puryear
Level 1
Level 1

Update: after about 10 factory resets, the ethernet port is now active, and when connecting to either a codec or a switch, the port lights up on both the camera and the device on the other end. However, with the camera directly connected to the SX80, the codec still reports that there is no camera connected. The SX80 is running firmware 9.7.2.

Hello,

Please see the below link and ensure you are connecting the same way (Connect Quad Camera to SX80 Codec)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precision60-speakertrack60-camera-guide.pdf

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

I had a similar experience recently.  Had the QuadCam replaced via RMA through Cisco TAC and the new one worked straight away.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Matthew Puryear
Level 1
Level 1

Update 2: Figured I would post another update, just in case someone else experiences a similar issue in the future. I noticed that 100% of the frames coming out of the QuadCam have CRC errors. Definitely an issue for TAC. Thanks all!