cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Pro Audio issues

abirnie01
Level 1
Level 1

Working with a room Kit Pro and a Shure P300 unit. I was trying to do proper gain structure through the system and kept running into problems. I wanted to set my room to a specific dB level (85) Sent my Pink noise through the P300 into mic 1 on the pro. I set my output on the P300 to line level. I went into the web interface on the Pro and wanted to change the mic input to line level. I was presented with Left, Right, or Mono on the mic input?? Then I tried to drop the level down to 12. It looked like it was the proper level in the meters. Into the amber peaking in the red a little. Now my audio from the Far end seemed to be ramped down to a super low level. I have no idea why.

Is there someone here who understands how they are doing the audio in these new units that I could talk with??

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For the best results, you should set your external DSP to output a MIC level signal, not a line level, to be able to feed it in to one of the mic inputs on the Room Kit Pro.

You will also need to make sure you're not feeding your far end audio back in to your Room Kit, otherwise it will start echo cancelling itself out and you won't be able to hear much.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.